“…my country, land of my choice…”

July 3, 2012
By

A magnificent sentiment expressed by one of our great cultural institutions, a heartfelt tribute to  “…mine, my own United States.” So much to cherish, so worthy of the fight. Happy Fourth to all!

29 Responses to “…my country, land of my choice…”

1. Sandy on July 4, 2012 at 7:19 am

“….to have and to hold.”

Indeed..this IS my country….I shall protect her with all I have….

Very nice way to start THIS particular INDEPENDENCE DAY.
    WE have a big job to do….so….let’s get out and do it.

• Larry Tebo on July 4, 2012 at 9:12 am

So then, are these the EVIL Mormons we’re hearing so much about? ;-D

…kidding. So wonderful; almost as stirring as Kate Smith singing “God Bless America”. Both make me all teary.

2. Joan Gordon-Manoli on July 4, 2012 at 7:43 am

Thank you for this. I am writing with tears in my eyes and goosebumps running up my arms. God Bless America. We will survive!

3. Ann McConnell on July 4, 2012 at 8:12 am

This was beautiful and a great reminder of what we have in this country. This country was given to us by God and many men and women fought for this land. God raised up good men that depended on Him and they in turn had Wisdom to write the constitution of this land. We in turn have turned our back and passed immoral decisions that God has said was wrong. How can He bless us? But I remember His Mercy. Beginning today, let us remember Him and thank Him and do what is right and pray.

4. Don on July 4, 2012 at 8:16 am

Please don’t tell me that we are losing all this sentiment!!!!!!!

5. doris pessel on July 4, 2012 at 8:24 am

God bless America, land that I love. Stand beside her and guide her thru the night with the light from above. From the mts. to the prairie to the ocean white with foam. God bless America, my home-sweet-home!

6. Mrs. Pat Glenn on July 4, 2012 at 8:57 am

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

7. Iris Chandler on July 4, 2012 at 9:15 am

Happy Birthday America. Awake! Repent! Vote!

8. janranch on July 4, 2012 at 9:37 am

I could cry for what we once had….I do cry for what we have become….the only way to find our way back is at the voting booth. In mass, a stampeed of conservative voters.

9. W. Cannon on July 4, 2012 at 11:01 am

Magnificent! Flat out magnificent!

10. BEN AND MARYNELLE KIGER on July 4, 2012 at 11:17 am

MADE OUR DAY!1 THANKS SO MUCH FOR MAKING US CRY OUTOF LOVE OF OUR COUNTRY.

11. Nancy on July 4, 2012 at 11:42 am

Beautiful. Brings tears after a nice experience in our little New England town this morning enjoying a small town parade for the 4th.

12. dale and sally swan on July 4, 2012 at 12:20 pm

would that every citizen here would own up to the great glory that was–and can…be—again. God willing!

13. Joycie Peloso on July 4, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Thank you!

14. Linda Walls on July 4, 2012 at 1:32 pm

We need to remember that this is the only country where people can come and be “Americans” no matter where they are from. They can’t go to Germany and become German or France and become French, etc. When the forefathers gave us our constitution – they mused: Lets see how long the citizens of America can keep it before losing it. It needs to be protected.

15. Iris Chandler on July 4, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Awake America and Vote

16. Joan Kunitz on July 4, 2012 at 4:47 pm

So beautiful……Hopefully we can regain our greatness and love of God….

17. Angie Hartzler on July 4, 2012 at 5:23 pm

In the early days of tv there was an “American Patriot” he since has died. His name is Leo Carillo he always closed his program with “THIS IS MY COUNTRY LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT.” My parents and I came as immigrants it took us 5 years to get permanent Residence Documents and I am forever grateful to the benevolant country that has given me a wonderful life and I also say “Love My Country or Leave it.”

18. Dwight Uffer on July 4, 2012 at 6:46 pm

This is what America is all about 300 million soles coming together for the betterment of this nation. “One Nation under God”

19. Mike on July 4, 2012 at 9:35 pm

This is my country, and your country, and our country—stand up for this country and make it strong again. It is up to those of us who care to make it great again for those who are too young to do our job. God Bless America!

20. Doris on July 4, 2012 at 10:47 pm

This is so beautiful and should be spread across this land of ours. I have seen many parts of it on my travels across from West to East. It is truly beautiful and we must be sure we hold on to it for future generations. I especially liked the phrase “this is my country of choice; hear my proud voice”.

21. Leo Stakemiller on July 5, 2012 at 2:58 pm

My prayer is that in November we can return to the America I was raised to believe in..not for me, but for my grand children..and their children..lets put men & women in office we delieve in America as a nation under God! God Bless America!

22. Jo Carol Redd on July 6, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Awake America! Awake to see clearly those stars and stripes.
    See old Glory wave over fields, mountains, plains, and oceans.
    Awake America! Stand strong and tall.
    Remember who we are
    Remember where we came from.
    And look to our God for Guidance and Strong Leadership.
    Awake America!

23. rema hedgecoth on July 7, 2012 at 10:45 pm

You’re beautiful just like America! God bless!

24. Bitsy Rubsamen on July 13, 2012 at 8:48 pm

The love of this country has to survive…and grow, not diminish to let it become something other than grounded in the love of God!!!

25. Ann Barnes on July 18, 2012 at 4:01 pm

I love OUR COUNTRY THAT OUR SOLDERS AND ALLIES HAVE GIVEN THEIR LIVES FOR THE FREEDOM WE HAVE. PRAISE GOD FOR THEM. MAY WE ALWAYS HONOR THEIR SACRIFICES WITH THE WISDOM, UNDER GOD, THAT OUR CONSTITUTION IS BUILT UPON. PRAISE GOD FOR OUR FOUNDING FATHERS FORMING AMERICA WITH THE FREEDOMS THEY KNEW WERE NECESSARY FOR MANKIND TO DEVELOPE THEIR GOD-GIVEN TALENTS TO THE UTMOST. THAT MEANS NO DICTATORS IN OUR GOVERNMENT AND ONLY HONEST STATESMEN AND WOMEN THAT REJOICE IN THE TRUTH ALLOWED IN OUR GOVERNMENT BY THE PEOPLE WHO RESPECT WHAT THAT MEANS.

26. Ann Barnes on July 18, 2012 at 4:11 pm

THE SONG REPRESENTS WHAT OUR FOUNDING FATHERS HAD IN MIND FOR ALL GENERATIONS UNDER GOD.
    THE BEAUTY OF AMERICA INSPIRES ARTISTS, SONG WRITERS, MUSICIANS, POETS,AND ARCHITECTS THAT CREATED THE MORMAN TABERNACLE IN WHICH I HAVE VISITED AS A TOURIST. MAGNIFICENT!

27. […] A memorable Fourth of July to all! […]

28. Christopher Swider on July 2, 2017 at 11:27 am

Great to hear this unabashed expression of patriotism. American continues to be a great country and a hope to the world!

A happy Fourth of July to everyone.